History of Newspapers Video (see more)
Email SubscriptionSign up to receive our latest blog updates!
Buy Historic Newspapers
Most Viewed Post
- Genuine or reprint?
- Do Old and Antique Newspapers Have Any Collectible Value?
- Setting values for collectible newspapers...
- Framing and Storing Newspapers… the ongoing story…
- The Traveler... Ismay on "speed"... war of the roses...
- April 15, 1865 New York Herald Reprints
- The Traveler... give all for son... radium for cancer... "yuletide and goodwill"...
- Double-dated newspapers: the Julian and Gregorian calendars...
- Featured websites – The Boston Journalism Trail...
- More on printing newspapers in the 1700's...
Rare Newspapers Recent Items
Tags18th Century 19th century 20th century 1700's 1800's 1816 1861 1865 1966 Abraham Lincoln assassination baseball black americana civil war collecting newspapers collecting old newspapers collecting rare newspapers Confederate early newspapers Food for Thought George Washington Great Headlines harper's weekly historic newspapers humor humorous illustrated newspapers Inventions just for fun London newspapers old newspapers old west politics president President Lincoln Presidents rare newspapers Revolutionary War slavery sports timothy hughes war of 1812 wild west www.rarenewspapers.com
We recently discovered a report from Syria in the New York Observer, September 29, 1881 which had an interesting article discussing the existence of a document, signed by Muhammad, which provided for the protection of Christians. The article in its entirety is shown through the link. One website states:
“During our research with the Greek Orthodox Church, we have located numerous documents hand signed by Muhammad granting permanent protection to Christians and to their churches. These documents have been in existence since the original order given by Muhammad in 628 ACE. We have located several recent documents which sustain the original charter of rights. We question why are these mandates not known to the Muslim world? Why does the media avoid reporting these critical religious instructions?”
Can anyone comment on the authenticity of this covenant as described in the NY Observer?